Some progress

posted Mar 4, 2012, 7:50 PM by Scoob Edoo
Kieran's kart is completely ready to roll now.  I acquired several new rear sprockets so we can play with his top speed at different venues - especially when sprint racing.  I didn't calculate how much the small tires were affecting the top speed - he was down about 7-10 mph at NJMP as a result of the sprockets and the smaller tires.  So now we have sprockets from 89 to 75 to cover just about everything. 

I ran his motor for awhile today.  It's still cool here, so the jetting was not great, but it eventually ran strong.  I replaced the batteries in the MyChron on his kart, too.  Last thing to do is mount the new MG Reds on the wheels to replace the Bridgestones.

Still need time to get my motor mounted and the fuel lines rerun.  Also need to swap my steering wheel and replace the batteries in my MyChron.  I got the new KM letters for the class and mounted them on the side pod.  They're a little short at 3", but that's the same size as Kieran's letters, so I think I'll be OK.

Still need to get over to Trailerama to get the hitch back on the trailer and get it operational.  Two weeks until the TnT.
Comments