LeMons car update

posted Dec 20, 2009, 5:35 PM by Scoob Edoo
We had a MASSIVE snowstorm Saturday when it snowed for 28 straight hours.  We got 18-20" of powder that we spent a few hours clearing from the car and truck and the rest of the driveway and sidewalk.  The plow crews screwed us (again) and never got closer than 15' away from the curb on our side of the street, so that caused us some further problems since Kerry was itching to get out for a few hours.  Anyway, after she returned, I went over to Rob's where he and Dave had been playing with the motor to figure out the crank/oil-squirters problem.  Turns out the bearings were in in reverse order and Dave saw it immediately.  They switched them in the correct order and put it all back together.  We worked the rest of the afternoon and got the motor all the way back together and it's ready to drop back into the chassis.  We also got the rear driver's hub and knuckle off and need to get the old bearing body pressed out of the knuckle.  Dave and I eventually got the baked-on race off of the hub, so it's all ready to get all pressed back together.  One more solid day of work and it should be ready to roll.  Should be ready for the Jan 9 autox at NJMP!
Comments