Fixed!

posted Apr 15, 2010, 5:30 PM by Scoob Edoo
I went and got the trailer today after work and focused on my kart.  I swapped the brake line for the rear brake - the old one was frayed and apparently leaking fluid (and sucking air).  Quick and easy.  Then I focused on my motor.  I took the TM off complete with intake, carb, and exhaust.  I had to swap out the throttle cable for the carb and I had to rewire the clutch (time to buy a replacement, too - this one is at the end, literally).  Installed the shift rod.  I had to fab up something for the mounting of the exhaust, but it's all on there.  I need one short exhaust spring and I'll be set. 

I still need to complete the throttle routing and bleed the brake, but it should be ready for the TnT on Sunday.

Next I installed the new spark plug in the K80 and tweaked the air/fuel mix and pulled the starter one time and it started right up.  I need to play with the idle some, but it started!  And the new motor will be here tomorrow, so we can play with both of those during the TnT, too.
Comments